With figures showing that they are involved in a third of all road crashes, IAM RoadSmart has produced a short video highlighting the dangers faced by people driving for work.
Live updates from PACTS' 2017 conference, titled ‘Collision investigation: how can we learn more?’, brought to you by the RSGB editorial team.
The Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety (PACTS) is calling on the Government to create a UK Road Collision Investigation Branch to boost efforts to reduce the number of road collisions and casualties.
Second year evaluation of two sections of all-lane running (ALR) on the M25 have found that both are, at the minimum, ‘achieving their objectives of maintaining safety performance’, with one section exceeding expectations.
An England international rugby player has shared his own account of being involved in a road traffic collision in an effort to encourage safer driving among students in Devon and Cornwall.
The Road Safety Trust (RST) has opened its latest grant programme, welcoming applications for the development of practical measures to enhance road safety through education, training, enforcement or research.
Representatives from the Road Safety GB management team have today (20 Mar) had a ‘productive’ meeting with a delegation from the Republic of Korea (South Korea) to discuss road safety.
GEM Motoring Assist is calling on the Government to introduce a graduated driver licensing (GDL) system, pointing to a new survey which suggests there is public support for the move.
The UK’s leading tyre safety charity has launched a new awareness campaign aimed at those who drive with children on board.
TISPOL has announced details of Project EDWARD 2017, the ‘European Day Without A Road Death’, including a new video pledge page set to launch in the coming weeks.
- British Cycling launches phase two of ‘Turning the Corner’ campaign (1)
- Road safety news - an alternate view (1)
- Big rise in drug-drive convictions during Welsh festive campaign (1)
- 20’s Plenty publishes ‘lessons learnt’ from Manchester (19)
- Transport festival pledges support for Project Pictogram (7)
- 'Close pass' crowdfunding campaign reaches target in under 48hrs (2)
- Football team takes on board ‘Road Safety Experience’ (0)
- Immersive theatre piece teaches children values of road safety (1)
- PACTS conference to focus on collision investigation (0)
- Kent school parking initiative wins national award (0)
- Realising benefits of CAVs ‘likely to require’ new infrastructure (0)
- LATEST: Move towards driverless cars 'must not produce lazy drivers' - IAM RoadSmart (0)
- UK police forces support Europe-wide seatbelt campaign (0)
20mph limits |
Academy news |
Autonomous vehicles |
Drink driving |
Driver tiredness | Driver training | Driving at work | Driving conditions | Drug driving | Engineering | Enforcement
Events | Fit to drive | General news | In-car safety | Mobile phones | Motorcyclists | News in brief | Older drivers
Pedestrians | Research & evaluation | RSGB news | SCPs | Speed | Statistics & data | Teenagers
Vehicles & Technology | Young drivers