A new programme has been launched in a bid to improve the safety of pre-drivers and newly qualified young drivers by presenting road safety in a ‘contemporary and informative’ way.
More than 2.25 million speeding tickets were issued by UK police during 2016, according to a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to UK police forces. (RAC news)
IAM RoadSmart has warned that the increased use of dashcams may not result in more prosecutions for dangerous driving - and may also lead to fewer visible traffic patrols, with officers assigned to desk duty to review dashcam footage.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is urging councils to make it as easy as possible for people with limited mobility to be more active.
More than 3,500 drivers were caught drink or drug driving during a recent month long campaign in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Police officers across the UK are participating in a week-long speed enforcement operation which got underway yesterday (21 August).
The Local Government Association (LGA) is calling on the Government to develop a 'congestion strategy’, after a new report revealed the extent of the UK’s congestion ‘crisis’.
Essex Police is calling on local residents to submit footage of illegal car racing events to help them identify offenders.
All four police forces in Wales are to start using dashcam footage submitted by the public to investigate driving offences, following a pilot scheme by North Wales Police.
A coalition of transport and road safety organisations is calling on the UK Government to pledge its support for European Commission plans to improve new vehicle safety standards.
- Bank holiday event offers free motorcycle taster sessions (1)
- New device monitors facial movements to detect collision warning signs (5)
- Phase three of Edinburgh’s 20mph rollout goes live (11)
- TfL temporarily withdraws CTC following ‘sexualising’ complaints (2)
- Stakeholders welcome confirmation that learner drivers will be allowed on motorways from 2018 (3)
- Campaign aims to ‘graphically demonstrate’ dangers of unsafe child car seats (0)
- New autonomous vehicle will improve safety for road workers (0)
- Study shows need for humans and autonomous vehicles to work together - IAM RoadSmart (2)
- Project EDWARD 2017: just over one month to go (0)
- LATEST: GEM makes speeding plea (0)
- Road safety news in brief: w/comm 14 August (0)
- Analysis lifts the lid on penalty points (0)
20mph limits |
Academy news |
Autonomous vehicles |
Drink driving |
Driver tiredness | Driver training | Driving at work | Driving conditions | Drug driving | Engineering | Enforcement
Events | Fit to drive | General news | In-car safety | Mobile phones | Motorcyclists | News in brief | Older drivers
Pedestrians | Public Health | Research & evaluation | RSGB news | SCPs | Speed | Statistics & data |
Teenagers | Vehicles & Technology | Young drivers
New website includes members’ portal and info on training courses etc
Apply for Corporate Membership of Road Safety GB
Road Safety campaigns, research, data and help forum
The 2017 National Road Safety Conference
For more info and to register to attend click here...
Project EDWARD - 21 September 2017
For more info click here...
AROUND THE WEB
Is this the end for the red traffic light?
Vehicle hire specialist Northgate delves into the Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory project.
The driving test trial
The findings of a DVSA trial, conducted with the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), released to coincide with the new driving test changes.
Highways England's vehicle checks campaign
Click here to subscribe for weekly news alert