The team behind MASTonline has launched a free online data portal for anyone interested in learning more about road traffic collisions and the people involved in them.
Final figures published today (29 Sept) by the DfT show there were 1,730 reported road deaths in 2015, a year-on-year decrease of 3%.
The Transport Committee has criticised the Government for ‘blatantly ignoring’ safety concerns about all-lane running schemes.
A new study has found that wearing a helmet reduces a cyclist’s chance of a serious head injury by nearly 70%, in the event of a collision.
The number of drivers caught using a mobile phone behind the wheel has almost halved in five years, new figures obtained by the BBC have revealed.
An emotional video that warns young drivers of the dangers involved in using a mobile phone while driving has achieved more than 7m views on Facebook.
The FIA Foundation has launched a new campaign urging children to ‘Stay Bright’ during the winter months through the correct use of reflective gear.
GEM Motoring Assist has praised the impact of Project EDWARD, saying it managed to strike a chord ‘far beyond the road safety sector’.
Cyclists in cities across the UK are being encouraged to ‘hang back’ from lorries as part of a new campaign by the THINK! team.
- YDF issues call for papers from road safety professionals (0)
- Bereaved family backs campaign to safeguard young drivers (1)
- Jacobs to sponsor 2016 National Road Safety Conference (0)
- MIB releases second phase of campaign targeting uninsured drivers (6)
- Project Edward trends on Twitter (0)
- Report pinpoints areas for improvement in Britain’s road safety record (9)
- Lords Committee launches driverless vehicle inquiry (0)
- Use mobile phone fines to fund road safety projects - West Midlands PCC (4)
- National Conference ‘Question Time’ panelists confirmed (0)
- Subsidy cut leads to fall in ULEV grant applications (0)
- Northern Ireland data added to CrashMap website (1)
- School buses in Wales fail new term checks (1)
- SCPs in Ireland to use hidden cameras (1)
20mph limits |
Academy news |
Autonomous vehicles |
Drink driving |
Driver tiredness | Driver training | Driving at work | Driving conditions | Drug driving | Engineering | Enforcement
Events | Fit to drive | General news | In-car safety | Mobile phones | Motorcyclists | News in brief | Older drivers
Pedestrians | Research & evaluation | RSGB news | SCPs | Speed | Statistics & data | Teenagers
Vehicles & Technology | Young drivers