Road Safety Officer – Swindon Borough Council
Salary: £27,218 p.a.
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 5 May 2019
There has never been a more exciting time to work in Swindon. Swindon has a long term, ambitious vision to become a leading regional centre by 2030 with the fastest growing economy outside London. Recognised as a regional and national growth centre Swindon’s Highways and Transport team has a critical role to play in achieving this vision.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Traffic Management & Road Safety team working to promote road safety and reduce the number and severity of road traffic collisions on Swindon’s roads.
If you are a team player looking to take the next step in developing your career within a highly supportive and friendly working environment this could be the role for you.
Key responsibilities of this role include;
- Promoting road safety through the provision of road safety education and training initiatives;
- Working with educational institutions across Swindon to promote safe and sustainable travel behaviours;
- Deliver joint road safety initiatives as part of the Wiltshire & Swindon Road Safety Partnership;
- Manage the School Crossing Patrol Service;
- Manage the Bikeability programme.
You will have experience of engaging the public & stakeholders on local and national initiatives and have the ability to plan, co-ordinate and deliver work programmes with a cheerful and friendly approach. A knowledge of the principles of road safety and casualty reduction would be desirable.
In return for your talents, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday
- Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
- A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
- Leisure Discounts/ Legal Services discounts
- Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
Applicants must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role); and must be able to travel throughout the Borough.
If you feel that the person specification matches that of your background, then we want to hear from you.
For more information on this role please contact Suzanne Coles, Traffic Manager at email@example.com
Applications to: https://jobs.swindon.gov.uk/directory_record/139/road_safety_officer
Closing date: 5th May 2019