Awards recognise achievements in road risk management
13 organisations and individuals were acclaimed in the 2011 Fleet Safety Forum Awards for Excellence on 9 June, which recognise the achievements of those working in road risk management.
The awards are run by the Fleet Safety Forum, a division of the road safety charity Brake.
The 2011 Fleet Safety Forum Award winners are:
- Safe Vehicles Award: Ocado
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award: Tesco Dotcom
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award: Peak Performance and Groupama Insurance
- Fleet Safety Product Awards: TISS Security Systems for the TankSafe ‘Impregnable’ Security & Safety Device, and SmartDrive for SmartDrive Safety (joint winners)
- Fleet Safety Analysis and Action Award: Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services
- Eco Fleet Award: Addison Lee
- Company Driver Safety Awards: Iron Mountain (large fleet sub-category); and Cummins (small to medium fleet sub-category)
- Road Safety in the Community Award: CEMEX
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Awards: Richard Hill, VolkerRail
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety: Dave Abbott, Cardinus Risk Management
Julie Townsend, deputy chief executive at Brake, said: “The Fleet Safety Forum Awards for Excellence 2011 received more entries, and welcomed more guests, than ever before, showing the huge amount of commitment to managing road risk within the industry.
“It’s fantastic to be able to recognise companies that are helping drive down crashes and casualties by raising the bar of fleet safety best practice. Brake congratulates all the winners, and we look forward to sharing case studies on this impressive range of initiatives through the Fleet Safety Forum throughout the year.”
For more information contact Caroline Perry, from Brake, on 01484 550909.