Euro NCAP reveals five-star cars
Euro NCAP has announced its Best in Class Cars of 2012, in which eight vehicles received a five star rating for safety.
Euro NCAP published the results for 36 vehicles available on the European market. The eight five-star vehicles performed well in each of the four individual marking criteria: adult occupant protection, child occupant protection, pedestrian protection and safety assist systems.
The Best in Class Cars of 2012, recommended for their outstanding safety performance are:
- Renault Clio (1.0 base grade, LHD)
- Volvo V40 (1.6 diesel ‘Kinetic’, LHD)
- BMW 3 Series (BMW 320d, LHD)
- Ford B-Max (1.5 diesel ‘Trend’, LHD)
- Fiat 500L (1.4 petrol ‘Easy’ 4x2, LHD)
- Ford Kuga (2.0 diesel ‘Trend’, LHD)
- Hyundai Santa Fe (2.2 diesel, 5 seat ‘Comfort’, LHD)
- Ford Transit Custom (2.2 diesel ‘Trend’ Kombi LHD)
Click here for more information.
New website includes membersí portal and info on training courses etc
Apply for Corporate Membership of Road Safety GB
Road Safety campaigns, research, data and help forum
The 2017 National Road Safety Conference
For more info and to register to attend click here...
Project EDWARD - 21 September 2017
For more info click here...
AROUND THE WEB
Is this the end for the red traffic light?
Vehicle hire specialist Northgate delves into the Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory project.
The driving test trial
The findings of a DVSA trial, conducted with the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), released to coincide with the new driving test changes.
Highways England's vehicle checks campaign
Click here to subscribe for weekly news alert