DVSA marks 80th anniversary of the driving test
Today (1 June) sees the 80th anniversary of the introduction of the driving test which came into effect on 1 June 1935.
To mark this milestone, the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) has put together a suite of commemorative resources including:
• An illustrated history of a driving test
• A new video about how today’s driving test works
• A list of the top 10 reasons why people fail the driving test – and how to avoid them
• Stories about what passing the driving test meant to people
• And a limited edition of The Highway Code which celebrates 80 years of the driving test, and contains the latest rules of the road, updated with recent legislative changes.
Click here to access these resources and find out more about the 80th anniversary of the driving test.
New website includes members’ portal and info on training courses etc
Apply for Corporate Membership of Road Safety GB
Road Safety campaigns, research, data and help forum
NRSC 2017 | Manchester | 14-15.11.17
Click here to watch the presentations
YDF 2018 | RAC Club, London | 25.4.18
For more info and to register to attend click here...
Project EDWARD - 21 September 2017
For more info click here...
AROUND THE WEB
Could a hacker hijack your connected car?
BBC News looks at whether a rise in ‘over the air’ software updates means the risk of hacker hijack is also increasing.
The driving test trial
The findings of a DVSA trial, conducted with the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), released to coincide with the new driving test changes.
THINK! ‘pink kittens’ mobile phone advert
Click here to subscribe for weekly news alert