Academy unveils autumn training programme
The Road Safety GB Academy has unveiled its autumn 2017 training programme for road safety practitioners which comprises seven different courses delivered in nine locations across the country.
Established in 2013, The Academy is the professional development arm of Road Safety GB. The Academy was set up to help road safety practitioners enhance their skills in order to deliver effective, evidence-led road safety interventions.
While three of the nine courses are already fully subscribed*, there are places available on the other five.
The autumn courses with availability are as follows:
- Two editions of the four-day Road Safety Practitioner Foundation Course, being held in Hertford and Gateshead during October and November. This course aims to provide participants with an overview of the knowledge and skills they need to effectively and safely deliver a road safety educational intervention.
- A one-day Behavioural Change Course being held in Forest Row, East Sussex on 27 September. This course is designed to give road safety practitioners an insight into the world of behavioural change models and techniques, and how interventions can be developed that will look at the underlying issues associated with risk related behaviour, and ultimately collisions.
- A two-day Media Training Course being held in Hackney, London on 27-28 September. The course covers a wide range of topics including the media landscape, the role of PR and media management, writing for news and interview scenarios including TV/OB and radio.
- A two-day Road Safety Evaluation Course being held in Banbury, Oxfordshire on 21-22 November. This course covers a wide range of topics including reasons for evaluation, E-Valu-It, before and after studies, and how to plan and pilot an evaluation.
- A two-day Social Media Course being held in Lincoln on 2-3 October. This course covers a wide range of topics including an introduction and history of social media, social media grandees and niche networks, building a fan base and measuring and evaluating impact.
*The courses that are fully subscribed are: the Behavioural Change Course (two day – pilot) being held in Buckinghamshire; the Road Safety Delivery in a Primary School Setting Course being held in East Yorkshire; and a one-day Behavioural Change Course being held in Essex.
New website includes members’ portal and info on training courses etc
Apply for Corporate Membership of Road Safety GB
Road Safety campaigns, research, data and help forum
NRSC 2017 | Manchester | 14-15.11.17
Click here to watch the presentations
YDF 2018 | RAC Club, London | 25.4.18
For more info and to register to attend click here...
AROUND THE WEB
Could a hacker hijack your connected car?
BBC News looks at whether a rise in ‘over the air’ software updates means the risk of hacker hijack is also increasing.
History of road safety, The Highway Code and the driving test
Updated following changes to the practical driving test in December 2017, this DfT blog looks at the history of road safety, The Highway Code and the driving test.
THINK! ‘pink kittens’ mobile phone advert
Click here to subscribe for weekly news alert