Road Safety News
- Free e-learning platform to be trialled at young driver event (2)
- Survey shows ‘overwhelming’ support for motorway driving lessons (9)
- Changes to the driving test: stakeholder reaction (2)
- Modernised driving test to feature four key changes (2)
- New initiative will offer pre-licence training to teenagers in Scotland (5)
- Smart motorway offenders to be offered training courses (4)
- ABD calls on Government to end speed awareness courses (12)
- Proposed driving test changes are designed to ‘improve road safety’ (17)
- Visit helps develop ‘safe drivers of the future’ (0)
- DVSA celebrates 20 years of the theory test (1)
- BBC correspondent calls driver awareness course ‘a wasted opportunity’ (3)
- Paralympian calls for compulsory cycling training for learner drivers (8)
- IAM offers free advanced driving taster session (0)
- Honest Truth spreads to Shropshire (0)
- New dates and venues for ADI client centred learning course (0)
- Petition urges Government to put driving on the school curriculum (6)
- 26% use ADIs for majority of driving lessons (10)
- DOENI launches young driver teaching aid (3)
- TSO and DVSA unveil new ‘Learning Zone’ (0)
- Pre-driver competition returns for second year (0)
- Free course for Blackpool’s older drivers (0)
- Driving test needs overhaul: IAM (5)
- New app ‘gamifies’ theory test (2)
- Leicestershire teens offered pre-driving courses (10)
- North east ADIs first to benefit from new CCL course (0)
- TTC launches recruitment drive for trainers (0)
- Driving licence fees set to fall (0)
- Students praise free driving course (2)
- DVSA publishes response to ADI consultation (1)
- IAM asks: is the driving test fit for purpose? (4)
- Police force launches free driving awareness courses (12)
New website includes members’ portal and info on training courses etc
Apply for Corporate Membership of Road Safety GB
Road Safety campaigns, research, data and help forum
The 2017 National Road Safety Conference
For more info and to register to attend click here...
Project EDWARD - 21 September 2017
For more info click here...
AROUND THE WEB
In the fast lane
For the Volvo Group, managing speed is one of the basics of traffic safety, but there’s more to it than just staying within the speed limits.
Mobile phone penalties double - but will it be an effective deterrent?
Edward Seaman, assistant editor of Road Safety News, reviews the change in legislation and its potential to influence behaviour.
The driving test trial
The findings of a DVSA trial, conducted with the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), released to coincide with the new driving test changes.
Highways England's vehicle checks campaign
Click here to subscribe for weekly news alert