Road Safety News
- Social media deployed as part of distraction campaign (2)
- ‘Irresponsible’ Jaguar advert rebuked by watchdog (1)
- Eating at the wheel doubles crash chances - GEM (4)
- GMP launches ‘crackdown’ on drivers who disregard safety (0)
- Road safety team launches new phase of distraction campaign (0)
- Survey reinforces mobile phone and distraction concerns (0)
- Brake identifies ‘biggest threats’ as Road Safety Week gets underway (4)
- BBC publishes data highlighting extent of ‘driver distraction’ issue (12)
- Celebrities highlight pitfalls of driver distraction (2)
- Should manufacturers do more to prevent driver distraction? (6)
- Drivers regularly take ‘huge risk’ by texting (1)
- Government urged to open countryside paths to cyclists (0)
- Drivers urged to adopt three simple habits (3)
- ‘Time to STOP’ challenge highlights mobile phone dangers (3)
- Drivers encouraged to download phone blocking app (0)
- Light-hearted video highlights dangers of distraction (0)
- New research leads to call for ban on hands-free mobiles while driving (1)
- Technology and distraction the focus for Child Safety Week 2016 (0)
- New campaign highlights emerging road safety issue (0)
- ‘Awkward’ texting ad goes viral (1)
- Road Safety GB condemns irresponsible One Show feature (10)
- App prevents hand-held calls while driving (2)
- Professor will explore ‘driving with music’ at YDF 2016 (0)
- Simulator highlights dangers of drink driving and distraction (0)
- New report confirms dangers of ‘multi-tasking’ while driving (9)
- Survey highlights Ireland's mobile problem (0)
- Distraction by technology a bigger threat than drink driving – IAM (3)
- New app will discourage drivers from using smartphones at the wheel (3)
- Campaign highlights dangers of ‘distraction driving’ (6)
- Experiment lifts lid on where drivers are looking (41)
New website includes members’ portal and info on training courses etc
Apply for Corporate Membership of Road Safety GB
Road Safety campaigns, research, data and help forum
The 2017 National Road Safety Conference
For more info and to register to attend click here...
Project EDWARD - 21 September 2017
For more info click here...
AROUND THE WEB
In the fast lane
For the Volvo Group, managing speed is one of the basics of traffic safety, but there’s more to it than just staying within the speed limits.
Mobile phone penalties double - but will it be an effective deterrent?
Edward Seaman, assistant editor of Road Safety News, reviews the change in legislation and its potential to influence behaviour.
The driving test trial
The findings of a DVSA trial, conducted with the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), released to coincide with the new driving test changes.
Highways England's vehicle checks campaign
Click here to subscribe for weekly news alert