Road Safety News
- More than 80% of cars exceeding 20mph limits (42)
- Welsh campaign enforces ‘important and vital’ 20mph limits (4)
- Consultation proposes default 20mph limit for Scotland’s urban areas (13)
- New study will probe whether twenty is plenty (11)
- 20’s Plenty publishes ‘lessons learnt’ from Manchester (19)
- Report recommends pause on Manchester’s 20mph scheme (19)
- Edinburgh’s 20mph scheme challenged by IAM RoadSmart on eve of go-live (11)
- 20mph limits have lowest level of compliance (23)
- Durham County Council set to double 20mph schools (32)
- Date unveiled for Scotland's first 20mph conference (10)
- 'Ready for 20' conference will include interim report of effectiveness of 20mph limits (17)
- 20mph plans move forward in Chester and Edinburgh (4)
New website includes members’ portal and info on training courses etc
Apply for Corporate Membership of Road Safety GB
Road Safety campaigns, research, data and help forum
The 2017 National Road Safety Conference
For more info and to register to attend click here...
Project EDWARD - 21 September 2017
For more info click here...
AROUND THE WEB
In the fast lane
For the Volvo Group, managing speed is one of the basics of traffic safety, but there’s more to it than just staying within the speed limits.
Mobile phone penalties double - but will it be an effective deterrent?
Edward Seaman, assistant editor of Road Safety News, reviews the change in legislation and its potential to influence behaviour.
The driving test trial
The findings of a DVSA trial, conducted with the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), released to coincide with the new driving test changes.
Highways England's vehicle checks campaign
Click here to subscribe for weekly news alert