Seven organisations have been shortlisted for the 2018 FirstCar Young Driver Road Safety Awards, which will be presented on 25 April at the Young Driver Focus conference.
The FirstCar Young Driver Awards scheme, sponsored by Road Safety Support, was launched in 2015 to reward best practice in road safety and ‘recognise the excellent work of road safety professionals’ in seeking to reduce casualties among young drivers.
For 2018, awards will be presented in the following five categories:
- Best Education and Training Initiative
- Best New Scheme
- Best Partnership Scheme
- Best Private Sector Initiative
- Best Young Driver Media Campaign
The 2018 shortlist has been drawn up by a panel of judges comprising nine road safety specialists with extensive experience, who have selected schemes with clear and measurable aims and objectives, backed by evidence of evaluation.
The seven shortlisted initiatives and organisations are as follows:
- The accelerate Safer Young Driver Workshop, developed by Accelerate Driver Training
- Cambs Drive iQ, developed by Cambridgeshire County Council
- Drivestart, developed by Agilysis Ltd
- ‘Invention’, developed by Warwickshire Police & West Mercia Police Safer Roads Partnership
- O2 Drive – Box On Board, developed by O2
- Speak Out, developed by Kent County Council Road Safety
- Young Driver Programme, developed by Carmarthenshire County Council
Richard Storrs, chair of the judging panel, said: “This year our expert judging panel decided upon the shortlist and only the very best entries that met the strict criteria made it through.”
The presentation ceremony will form part of Young Driver Focus 2018 which takes place at the Royal Automobile Club in Pall Mall, London on 25 April. Click here for details of delegate fees and to register to attend.