Salary details: C1 - £20,456 to £22,434
Employer: Leeds City Council City Development Team Highways & Transportation
Contract Type: Permanent Appointment
Hours per Week: 37
Closing date: 27 March 2017
We are seeking an enthusiastic and suitably qualified person to join the Transport Policy Section, working as part of the Influencing Travel Behaviour Team.
Educated to HNC/D level or equivalent or have a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience with the ability to demonstrate practical experience essential to the post.
You will be committed to promoting safe and sustainable road use and able to support colleagues in the planning and delivery of measures, initiatives and events which will improve road safety and contribute to increasing the use of more efficient and sustainable forms of travel.
Working as part of a small team, the position will require you to be flexible in your approach to your work which will assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of a wide range of initiatives linked to safe and sustainable travel choices, including travel plans.
The position offers the chance for the post holder to become involved in a wide range of initiatives engaging with all road users, businesses, schools, other organisations and communities across the district.
You therefore need to be highly motivated, articulate, persuasive, IT literate and friendly, having the ability to work alone whilst also being a great team player.
Working a flexitime system of 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday, some out of hours attendance will be required.
If you are interested in this career opportunity you will:
- Be educated to HNC / D level or equivalent/ or have a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience with the ability to demonstrate practical experience essential to the post.
- Have experience of working with members of the general public.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and communicate key messages effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Have the ability to understand the needs of different road user groups and an appreciation of the role and purpose of promoting smarter travel choices.
- As the role may involve working with young people or vulnerable adults, the post is subject to an enhanced with lists, Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be carried out on preferred candidates.