Road Safety GB – Company Secretary (voluntary)
Road Safety GB is seeking to recruit a new Company Secretary/Trustee to support the management of the Board of Trustees, from December 2021.
Road Safety GB is seeking a competent and knowledgeable person who can offer an average of two hours each week to support the organisation in a secretarial role; arranging meetings, taking minutes and maintaining an online filing system.
This is an important and prestigious role within a leading road safety organisation. The secretary will also become a Trustee of the Charity with full rights on the Board.
Post title: Company Secretary, Road Safety GB
Responsible to: The Membership of the Organisation through the Board of Trustees.
Responsible for: Providing a full secretariat function to the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To arrange the main meetings of the organisation, provide members with notice of the meetings and record and file the notes/minutes.
• To respond to written communications, and other communications directed to the Board of Trustees.
• To actively promote the work, policies and position statements of the organisation and its member authorities using the numerous methods of communication available.
• To attend meetings of the Board of Trustees, Regional Representatives, and AGM for the purposes of acting as a Trustee and for the taking of minutes.
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THE POST OF COMPANY SECRETARY
The applicant will:
• Currently, or have had, direct managerial responsibility for ETP services with a Road Safety GB member organisation, and in a decision-making role
• Have achieved a reputation for quality contributions to the profession
• Have the written support of their employer to perform the role of Company Secretary
TO EXPRESS INTEREST OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
To express interest in applying for the post, in the first instance please contact Alan Kennedy, Road Safety GB Executive Director, by email. Alan will then arrange a mutually convenient time for an informal call about the post.