Road Safety GB – Director of Communications (voluntary)
Road Safety GB is seeking a suitably experienced and confident person who can offer an average of 2-3 hours per week to work within and alongside the Board of Trustees to deliver the organisation’s communications strategy, and act as a focal point for the media.
This is an important and prestigious role within a leading road safety organisation. The Director of Communications will also become a Trustee of the Charity and have full rights as a board member.
Post Title: Director of Communications
Responsible to: The Membership of the Organisation through the Board of Trustees
Responsible for: The development and delivery of publicity related communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To be responsible for the development, implementation, and delivery of Road Safety GB’s communications strategy, working closely with other Trustees and Directors.
• To maximise the organisation’s opportunities with the media and external partners, as a leader in road safety communications, training and qualifications.
• To work closely with the Web and Comms team to assist in the promotion of all aspects of the organisation
• To raise awareness ofRoad Safety GB and its services tomembers, corporate partners andassociated industries,andthe wider public.
• To be available, and to seek opportunities, to represent the organisation in interviews involving the media including radio and television.
• To liaise with the Board to produce and maintain appropriate position statements to ensure the organisation’s communication strategy is in line with current thinking.
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THE POST OF DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
The Director of Communications will:
• Have suitable and relevant experience in a road safety management and decision-making role
• Have tangible experience of communications and PR
• Have suitable experience and be confident in presenting to the media, using all media platforms
• Have the written support of their employer to perform the role of Director of Communications
TO EXPRESS INTEREST OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
To express interest in applying for the post, in the first instance please contact Alan Kennedy, Road Safety GB Executive Director, by email. Alan will then arrange a mutually convenient time for an informal call about the post.