Senior Traffic Technician – Swindon Borough Council
Hours: 37 – Happy to talk flexible working
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: from: £32,232 p.a.
Closing date: 04/10/2020
Job reference: 004786
Interview date: 14/10/2020
Here in Swindon we understand what matters to our 220,363 residents: an affordable home, good education, job opportunities and quality of life in a great location, as one of the UK’s fastest growing towns.
That is why we are working with partners to deliver our ambitious vision for Swindon so that the Borough continues to thrive in the future and benefits from well-managed growth, investment and regeneration.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Traffic Management & Road Safety team working to balance the demands of current and future transport needs, delivering highways improvements and policies to ensure that we have an effective and efficient highway and transport network that supports Swindon’s economic growth.
If you are a team player, looking to take the next step in developing your career within a supportive and friendly working environment this could be the role for you.
Key responsibilities of this role include
- Managing the Council’s collision database, analysing collision details and recommending safety improvements;
- Identifying and prioritising traffic management improvements in accordance with council policy and statutory requirements;
- Delivering schemes from beginning to end including design, co-ordination of projects, liaison with stakeholders and budget management;
- Providing advice on a wide range of projects, applying traffic management and road safety principles across a breadth of scenarios.
You will have experience working in a similar role with a minimum qualification to HNC/HND level or compensatory experience and a RoSPA certificate in Road Safety Engineering desirable. You should have detailed knowledge of GIS mapping systems and design software and a strong desire to deliver a high level of customer service.
Applicants must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role); and must be able to travel throughout the Borough.
We feel a work life balance is important for our team members. In return for your skills we offer:
- Flexible working
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
- Leisure Discounts / Legal Services discounts
- Eating Out, Shopping & Entertainment discounts.
If you feel your experience and /or ambition matches this exciting role, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information on this role, please contact Suzanne Coles, Traffic Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the following link: https://jobs.swindon.gov.uk/directory_record/909/senior_traffic_technician