Team Leader, Safe and Sustainable Travel, Road Safety (Leeds City Council – City Development)
SALARY PO4 – £38,890.00 – £41,881.00
CONTRACT TYPE Permanent
CLOSES Sunday 28 February 2021 11.30 PM
JOB REF req3946
Are you passionate about road safety? Are you an experienced transportation professional? If so, why not join the Influencing Travel Behaviour team where you will be able to make a real difference to those who live, visit and work in Leeds.
About the position
We have a rewarding opportunity for a focused individual that welcomes change and can drive forward and shape new ways of service. This is a senior role and offers diverse and challenging projects which will broaden your skill set.
As the Road Safety Team Leader, you will be committed to helping us achieve Leeds Best Council Plan priorities, this includes reducing the number of people killed or seriously injured in road traffic collisions. To achieve this, you will:
– Shape our draft Leeds Safer Roads Action Plan and Strategy to work towards achieving Vision Zero and implement a programme of measures using the safe systems approach
– Take a lead in the Leeds Safer Roads Partnership and represent us at the West Yorkshire Safer Roads Partnership meetings
– Modernise our road safety education, events and communications programme to reach a wider audience
– Work closely with other experienced professionals Highways and Transportation and other key partners.
– Help to shape the team and provide a modern outlook to road safety.
The post is based at Merrion House in Leeds City Centre with most staff currently working from home. It is full time (37 hours a week) with flexible working hours.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative, ambitious and care about road safety. You will have:
– A degree level qualification in a relevant field or extensive and comparable experience
– Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of road safety strategy, initiatives.
– A strong interest in keeping up to date with relevant standards, guidelines, laws, regulations and road safety practices.
– Proven leadership skills including demonstrated ability to engage and motivate people.
– Well-developed project management skills and organising workloads.
– Great presentation skills and the ability and enthusiasm to present to a wide range of people.
– Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a focus on achieving the best outcome for the community.
What we can offer you
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
– 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
– Flexible working (including up to 2 days off in a 4 week period)
– Local Government Pension Scheme
– Discounted public transport
– Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, child care vouchers and discounted child care
– Health and Wellbeing benefits
If you have the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications required for this role and want to work for a great organisation, please apply before 11.30pm on Sunday 28 February 2021. In your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the essential criteria, and where possible the desirable criteria.
Travel throughout the district is an essential part of this job and you must either hold a current drivers licence or be able to travel around Leeds effectively.
To apply for this position, please visit the Leeds City Council jobs site: https://leeds.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3946?c=leeds
For further information or to arrange an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lynsey McGarvey, Principal Transport Planner by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds. Leeds City Council is a Stonewall Top 100 employer, a Mindful employer and a Disability Confident employer.
All new Leeds City Council appointments are made subject to the satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period.