The winners of the Intelligent Instructor Awards 2021 have been announced, recognising the “very best in class” in the driver training industry.
Organised in association with Kwik Fit and Michelin, the 2021 awards were re-imagined as a digital-only event – with more than 5,000 driving instructors casting their votes.
These scores were given equal weighting when combined with the independent judging panel’s marks, to determine the winners.
The Driving Instructor of the Year accolade was presented to Tracy Gannon from Teeside.
The judges said Tracy “combines on-road innovative teaching methods with online support, whilst displaying a calm coaching style”. They added that the number of nominations from current and ex-learners “is testament to this winning approach”.
Meanwhile, Lynne Barrie, chairman of the Approved Driving Instructors National Joint Council (ADINJC), was recognised with the Services to Driver Training Industry Award.
In a career spanning nearly two decades, Lynne has also been actively involved as a member of the Driving and Vehicles Standards Agency (DVSA) and the Modernising Driver and Rider Training Steering Group.
Lynne is one of a handful of driving instructors who has gained a Master’s Degree in Driver Training from Middlesex University.
The judges described Lynne as “hardworking, with incredible drive, vision, enthusiasm and determination”, adding she is someone who “selflessly dedicates huge amounts of time working on a voluntary basis for our industry”.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Driving Instructor Insurer of the Year – Adrian Flux Insurance Services
- Product of the Year – BSM Virtual Reality Driving Instructor Training
- Professional Support Provider of the Year – MyDriveTime
- Car Supplier of the Year – Dualdrive
- Driving Instructor Car of the Year – Ford Fiesta
- Local Driving Instructor Association of the Year – Teesside Association of Professional Driving Instructors
- Regional Driving School of the Year – Smartlearner Driving School
- National Driving School of the Year – RED Driving School
- Driving Instructor of the Year – Tracy Gannon
- Services to the Driver Training Industry Award – Lynne Barrie