Today (1 June) sees the 80th anniversary of the introduction of the driving test which came into effect on 1 June 1935.
To mark this milestone, the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) has put together a suite of commemorative resources including:
• An illustrated history of a driving test
• A new video about how today’s driving test works
• A list of the top 10 reasons why people fail the driving test – and how to avoid them
• Stories about what passing the driving test meant to people
• And a limited edition of The Highway Code which celebrates 80 years of the driving test, and contains the latest rules of the road, updated with recent legislative changes.
Click here to access these resources and find out more about the 80th anniversary of the driving test.