The Renault Clio has been praised as “one of the safest first cars you can buy”, after picking up the New Car of the Year accolade at the FirstCar Awards 2021.
The FirstCar Awards recognise the ‘very best cars, products and services for new drivers’.
More than 38,000 votes were submitted for the 2021 awards, which were then combined with rankings from the FirstCar judging panel to decide the winners.
The Renault Clio won the coveted New Car of the Year award, with the judges describing it as a “first car any new driver would be proud to own”.
David Motton, FirstCar editor and chairman of the judging panel, said: “The Renault Clio is a worthy winner, being one of the safest first cars you can buy.
“Not only does it score the maximum five stars from the safety gurus at Euro NCAP, every car has autonomous emergency braking.
“DAB and Bluetooth are standard on all Clio models, and low fuel bills and insurance premiums mean new drivers can run the Clio on a tight budget. It’s a first car any new driver would be proud to own.”
Vincent Tourette, managing director, Groupe Renault UK, said: “We’re immensely pleased to accept this award and it’s an excellent illustration of how the Clio is the perfect vehicle for drivers who are excitedly setting out on their motoring journey.”
Awards were also presented to:
- Driving Test Success – Driving Theory Test 4 in 1 Kit (App of the Year)
- RED Driving School – Priority Pass Voucher Programme (Marketing Campaign of the Year)
- Nextbase – 622GW 4K Dash Cam (Product of the Year)
- Jack Massey Welsh (Young Driver Influencer of the Year)
- MINI Hatch (Most Wanted Used Car of the Year)
- Audi A1 (Most Wanted New Car of the Year)
- Hyundai i20 (Used Car of the Year)
All the winners are showcased in the FirstCar Awards 2021 video, which can be viewed online.