Recent success in increasing membership of the Road Safety GB Academy has led to an urgent need to recruit a number of training development officers (TDOs) across the United Kingdom.
Cheryl Evans, head of training at the Academy, said: “Not only have we increased membership but we have also extended our geographical reach and spread of the overall membership.
“To meet the needs of the members from deepest south to the furthest north we have an urgent need to recruit a substantial number of TDOs.
“TDOs are crucial to the success of the Academy as they are the link at a local level to engage with members. Their role is to promote and provide a gateway to the essential professional development skills that are available ‘off the shelf’ from the Academy.”
TDO vacancies currently exist in South East England, London, South West England, East Midlands, Yorkshire & Humberside, Mercia, North East England, North West England, Eastern England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The role and responsibilities of a regional TDO, which are undertaken on a voluntary basis, include:
• Identifying the training needs of Academy members.
• Highlighting Academy website activity and events to regional members.
• Promoting Academy training courses to regional members.
• Identifying local free/low cost venues to facilitate Academy courses.
• Communicating training group activities to Academy members.
• Relaying concerns and enquires from Road Safety GB regional members back to the Academy training group.
For more information, or to express an interest in becoming a TDO, please contact Cheryl Evans on 01635 519984.