The final week of the Festival of Road Safety enters its second day, which includes the fourth live discussion session of the month, focussing on e-scooters.
Organised by Road Safety GB, the Festival of Road Safety will see more than 40 pre-recorded and live sessions broadcast throughout November (2-27 Nov).
Today at the Festival
Tuesday’s content gets underway at 10am with a Fringe presentation from Matthew Dale, roads collision investigation analyst at Humberside Police.
Matthew will be talking about the Road Collision Investigation Project (RCIP), looking specifically at the investigation process and emerging project findings.
This is followed at 2pm by a fourth live discussion session of the month, titled ‘E-scooters – are they safe or do they pose a threat to users and other road users?’.
The panellists are:
- David Davies, executive director, PACTS
- Graeme Sherriff, research fellow, University of Salford
- Jinel Fourie, head of central public policy, TIER Mobility
This session is fully subscribed, but a recording will be published later in the week.
Coming up tomorrow
Day three of the final week includes a double header of Fringe presentations at 10am:
- Mind in Gear project – Keith Baldock, road safety officer, Brighton and Hove City Council; and Dr Robert Marx, NHS Sussex Partnership Trust
- The Honest Truth: involving instructors – James Evans, founder, FirstCar
This is followed at 2pm by the final workshop of the month, facilitated by the THINK! team.
The workshop will cover considerations for paid social media campaigns, in house content creation on a budget and creating a social strategy.
A very limited number of places have become available. To register, email Edward Seaman with the subject line ‘THINK! workshop’.
Ending the Festival in style
A special edition of Question Time will take place on the final day of the Festival of Road Safety – and delegate registration is now open.
Question Time will take place on Friday 27 November (11.00 – 12.00) and is free to attend – but participants must register in advance, with places limited to 100 attendees.
The panellists are:
- Philippa Young, Chair, Road Safety GB
- Elizabeth Box, Head of Research, RAC Foundation
- Michael McDonnell, Director, Road Safety Scotland
- Mereddyd Hughes, Chairman, Road Safety Support
- Colin Brown, Director of Campaigns, Motorcycle Action Group (MAG)